Valve announces that it will soon stop support for Steam on macOS High Sierra and macOS Mojave, IPHONE ADDICT

Valve announces that it will soon stop support for Steam on macOS High Sierra and macOS Mojave

This is certainly not good news for the future of 32-bit games running on macOS: Valve has indeed confirmed that he will drop the support of Steam on MacOS High Sierra et macOS Mojave, and this from the beginning of next year. Steam specifies on its web page that it  “will officially stop supporting macOS 10.13 (High Sierra) and 10.14 (Mojave)” on February 15, 2024. After this date, Steam clients of affected macOS versions will no longer receive updates, including security updates.

Steam Link 1

The end of Steam support will also certainly result in the scheduled end of many games coded in 32 bits. Apple has in fact chosen to remove support for 32-bit applications in macOS 10.15, which means that games remaining in 32-bit will no longer be able to run from February 15. Why is that ? Because from the end of the year, Steam has already planned to no longer consider “only” 32-bit games as macOS compatible games.

So of course, Steam claims that 98% of its Mac customers are on macOS 10.15 and therefore no longer run full 32-bit games, but for the remaining 2%, it will certainly be a grimace...

This article appeared first on https://iphoneaddict.fr/post/news-379270-valve-annonce-quil-arretera-support-steam-macos-high-sierra-macos-mojave


.