A hidden option to save data
Android version of the browser Chrome has a hidden option that reduces the data consumed, which saves money on your valuable mobile plan.
Once activated, this option takes you through Google's servers when you want to visit a website. Google is responsible for simplifying the code of the page called, which is considerably lightened. Of course, the appearance and operation of the site are unchanged.
For you, the operation is imperceptible. But for your mobile plan, it's a few kilobits saved on every webpage you open.
Enable Chrome's Simplified Mode on Android
- Open the Chrome browser on your Android phone.
- Click on three vertical pointsat the top right of the screen.
- Then click on the section Parameters of Chrome.
- Pull down the menu of Parameters to the bottom.
- In the section advanced settingsclick on Simplified mode.
- Toggle the button in activatedand now, you are now browsing in Simplified Mode.
Once enabled, the Chrome Easy Mode option lets you reduce your data usage by a few percentages. As you can see in the screenshot, you can follow the detailed statistics of the saved data, site by site.
This article appeared first on https://www.commentcamarche.net/faq/54137-economiser-des-donnees-mobiles-avec-chrome-pour-android