* Before starting the fast, Naidu paid tribute to Matama Gandhi to Raj Ghat and to R. Ambedkar in Andhra Pradesh Bhavan. The Chief Minister has participated in the "Dharma Porata Deeksha" in 11 districts of Andhra Pradesh, so far.
* "If you do not meet our requirements, we know how to achieve them. It is the self-respect of the people of Andhra Pradesh. Whenever our self-respect is attacked, we will not tolerate I warn the government, and especially the prime minister, to stop attacking an individual, "said Naidu.
* Leaders of various opposition parties, including the President of the Congress Rahul Gandhi the President of the National Conference, Farooq Abdullah, and the Chief Minister of Delhi, Arvind Kejriwal should extend their support] Party Leader Telam Desam (TDP).
* A large number of protesters from Andhra Pradesh have also reached the national capital. The state government rented two special trains to transport passengers to Delhi.
* A TDP delegation led by Naidu will present a memorandum to President Ram Nath Kovind on Tuesday.
* The 20 April 2018, on the occasion of his birthday, the head of the TDP had quickly observed Vijayawada claiming a special status for the state.
* In October 2013, Naidu had organized an indefinite fast in Andhra Pradesh Bhavan, demanding that if a separate state was created from unified Andhra Pradesh, both would get equal rights. However, on the fifth day of his demonstration, he was forcibly transferred to Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital.
* Naidu is trying to unite the opposition parties to defend the BJP in the general election. In the past three months, he has had several meetings with opposition party leaders to form an anti-BJP front.
* The party accused the government Narendra Modi not to release sufficient funds for the Polavaram Irrigation Project, the Kadapa and Amravati Steel Works, the state capital of the ultra-modern state under construction.
* On Sunday, with the exception of Prime Minister Modi, who was described as "father of Lokesh" at a rally in Guntur, Andhra Pradesh's head of government launched a counter-offensive by dragging his wife in the row. "You separated your wife. Do you have any respect in the family system, "Naidu asked Modi.
* Modi calls the TDP government a "government from father to son" by examining Naidu and his son Lokesh. At one point in his speech he addressed Naidu as "father of N Lokesh". He also said that Naidu had promised Andhra Pradesh's sunrise, but was obsessed with the rise of his own son, Lokesh.
(With agency entries)
This article appeared first (in English) on THE TIMES OF INDIA