With the new ecological trend that aims to take care of the environment, we use more and more numerous cleaning formulas based on natural products. These are used to replace many chemicals and industrial extremely harmful to health. The ecological and biological detergent made with borax and sodium bicarbonate is one of the best options that exists to wash your clothes perfectly.
Its ingredients are characterized by astringent and whitening properties, ideal for eliminate dirt and difficult stains. In addition, its compounds are gentle with the fabrics and help preserve the colors of the clothes longer.
In fact, this eco-friendly product made from borax and sodium bicarbonate makes it easier to remove difficult stains and neutralize odor unpleasant due to mold and perspiration. You have not tried it yet? So, do not waste a minute and find out how to make this great eco-friendly detergent.
We explain to you today in this article what is the secret of this detergent and how it works. Learn how to make this eco-friendly detergent yourself in a few simple steps and save a lot of money! Write down all our advice.
Ecological detergent made from borax and sodium bicarbonate
Sodium bicarbonate and borax are used for cleaning the house since ancient times. In fact, many of today's conventional products contain most of their components as an active ingredient.
However, some people prefer to continue using them in their natural state, because in this way they avoid contamination of the environment and are not aggressive to the skin.
In addition, these products are very cheap and do not have a single use. Why are borax and sodium bicarbonate so recommended? Discover all the explanations in this article and start making your own eco-friendly home detergent.
Benefits of borax for cleaning
Use borax as ecological detergent to clean the laundry perfectly but also to disinfect other surfaces of the house.
Borax, whose full name is sodium borate decahydrate, is a natural mineral used in the manufacture of cleaning products. Unlike other chemicals, it is not harmful to the environment and acts against various types of dirt.
Commercial or industrial borax is often in the form of a salt-like powder, odorless and colorless. It is recognized as a good detergent and excellent antiseptic. It used to be used for laundry laundering. Borax, essentially thanks to its biocidal and disinfection properties, enters as an additive in the manufacture of soaps.
This product is obtained from the repeated evaporation of saltwater lakes and is common in America, Romania and Turkey. Although nontoxic in small amounts, handling with gloves and other protective elements is always recommended.
This powder is capable of dissolve grease, stains and odors from clothes. Simply place a little borax with warm water on the stain and scrub hard to clean your clothes.
The properties of borax remove the remains of perspiration and other particles which little by little leave stains difficult to erase. It also contains powerful microbial properties that help to get rid of mites and other micro-organisms. Interestingly, borax for other uses, it also allows to treat wood against xylophagous insects but also to fight against ants, roaches, cockroaches.
In summary, the main properties of borax serve are useful for:
- Remove dirt and stains from clothing
- Eliminate scale from toilets and bathtubs
- Neutralize bad smells
- Clean floors and kitchens
- Eliminate rust or mildew stains
Benefits of sodium bicarbonate for cleaning
Use baking soda to make a very economical ecological home detergent which in addition protects the environment.
Sodium bicarbonate is one of the green cleaning products that continues to be widely used as a solution for many household chores. Thanks to his great whitening and disinfecting propertiesit is excellent for cleaning perfectly many surfaces of the house.
Moreover, used as a detergent, it helps to take care of clothes and all types of fabrics. It not only removes dirt, but also improves color and helps eliminate possible odors. It also allows remove stubborn stains and also make white colors brighter.
In summary, the sodium bicarbonate is widely used for cleaning laundry but also serves for many other household tasks, such as:
- Remove the clothes perspiration stains
- Remove the yellowish appearance of white clothes
- Eliminate the mold that accumulates in the washing machine
- Soften the tissues
- Clean kitchens, walls and floors
- Shine the metal surfaces
- Remove stains from carpets
- Eliminate unpleasant odors
How to prepare this ecological detergent at home?
Substitute chemical products and prepare your own homemade ecological detergent through properties of borax and sodium bicarbonate.
To prepare this environmentally friendly borax and sodium bicarbonate detergent, we will also use other ingredients such as neutral soap and essential oil. Use the essential oil of your choice, it can be lemon or lavender. This will help give your home detergent a much more pleasant aroma.
To make this homemade eco-friendly detergent you will need the following ingredients and utensils:
- 2 Neutral Soap Bars (500 g)
- 1 cup of borax (200 g)
- 2 cups of sodium bicarbonate (400 g)
- 20 drops of essential oil (according to your preferences)
- Water (the amount needed)
- Kitchen grater
- Medium pot
- Protective gloves
- Wooden spoon
- Empty liquid soap bottles
- Grate the bars of soap using the kitchen rasp.
- Then transfer the grated soap to a pan of water and bring to a boil using a low heat.
- Stir well with a wooden spoon so that the grated soap does not stick to the pan.
- Then, use protective gloves and mix the borax and sodium bicarbonate separately in a jar.
- After this step, add the water mixture with melted soap and mix well.
- When all ingredients are thoroughly dissolved, place the mixture in a bucket and add about 7 liters of water.
- Continue to dissolve the mixture with the spoon and finally add the essential oil of your choice to perfume this homemade ecological detergent.
- After obtaining a homogeneous product, you can keep it in empty bottles. Do not forget to write on the bottle the mixture it contains to avoid accidents.
- For more precaution, use labels indicating their contents.
You will also like to read this article: The best 5 household tips made from sodium bicarbonate and white vinegar
How to use
- Shake the product before use and place it in the soap dish of the washing machine.
- Of course, you can use it for other cleaning of the house: floors, kitchens, bathrooms, etc.
In short, make your own détergent Eco-friendly home is very easy and has many advantages. Although it seems easier to buy a commercial product, this alternative is more environmentally friendly and does not produce adverse health effects.
See also this article: How to prepare a natural detergent at home?
This article appeared first on https://amelioretasante.com/comment-fabriquer-un-detergent-ecologique-avec-du-borax-et-du-bicarbonate-de-sodium/